Tuesday, June 2, 2015

AZ Rep Kate Brophy McGee Out & About in LD28

Out & About in LD28 It’s great to get out in the district and catch up with constituents. I visited the Madison Elementary, Paradise Valley Unified and Scottsdale Unified Governing Board meetings and celebrated the achievements of students and teachers. State Treasurer Jeff DeWit and I toured Junior Achievement and met inspiring future entrepreneurs. At Councilman Jim Waring’s invitation, I participated in a City of Phoenix Human Trafficking meeting. The Child Safety Oversight Committee is really gearing up for vital work during the interim. There is so much that needs our continued focus, and we cannot let up on the reforms we are beginning to put in place. And, I’ve attended my first Board meeting of the Morrison Institute of Public Policy! It’s been quite humbling to be recognized for The Arizona Community Action Association

advocates on behalf vulnerable Arizonans. I’ve worked with them on several issues. I was awarded their 2015 Legislative Leadership Award for efforts to defeat the Flex Loan bill. Susan G. Komen, Central & Northern Arizona honored me with the 2015 Joyce Gooding Spirit of Komen Award. In 2012, we worked together to pass my legislation providing treatment for uninsured women diagnosed with breast and cervical cancer. To date, 341 women have received life-saving treatment, and I could not be more proud that someone’s wife, mother or sister benefitted from this legislation. I was thrilled to meet another survivor at the awards breakfast who inspired all of us with her speech!
The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce presented me with the 2015 Sentinel Award for legislative leadership on behalf of Arizona businesses.
The All Arizona School Retirees Association (AASRA) named me the 2015 Legislator of the Year for my work on children’s and seniors’ issues. In October, Children’s Action Alliance will present me with the Jacque Steiner Public Leadership Award for Children, in memory of the late state Senator Jacque Steiner who was a champion for Arizona’s children. What an honor, and what a role model!
I deeply appreciate being recognized by these wonderful organizations, and am so grateful to be a part of the great work they do on behalf of our communities and our state. It is a huge encouragement to work harder than ever, together, on commonsense policies for a better Arizona. I am working on more in-district events to catch up with those of you who have not left town for the summer. I’m already looking forward to the Butler Park and Arcadia Independence Day parades, and hope to see many of you there. I wish everyone a great summer and safe travels. Sincerely,
Kate
Maricopa County Republicans Has NOT received any compensation to post this information,it is a courtesy post