Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Brenda Barton AZ Representative Great work being done!

Great News!  My Water Development bill, my Forest Protection bill and the bill to restore HURF road funds, all passed with near unanimous support! Why? Because they are good for Arizona!
 

My Forest Health bill will establish establish funding to the state forester to provide grants and matching funds for cities and counties for forest treatment on Arizona lands. This bill would help us clean up the State Trust land with the help of the state forester.

Working with Congressman Gosar, we are putting our lands first. A lot of great work is being done but there is still much to do for rural Arizona.

Just this week, the Arizona State House passed HB2691 that funds DPS at adequate levels to allow HURF funding to be used by local governments. This issue positively affects rural Arizonans in a big way and I am proud to have been a prime sponsor on the bill.

My Water Development legislation appropriates funding from the State General Fund to the Water Infrastructure Finance Authority (WIFA) for the purposes of funding water supply projects. These monies will be available to cities, counties, towns or other water providers at favorable terms up to 50 years for the undertaking of water supply projects.

All of these bills passed with near unanimous support because they are pragmatic and commonsense solutions for Arizona!

I am working hard for you and I need your support in my re-election effort to continue serving you in the Arizona Legislature.  Contributions will help keep me working for you!

Please consider donating $5, $10 or $20 to help us reach our fundraising goal for the first quarter!

Thanks,
Brenda