Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bob Littlefield For Arizona State Representative, Legislative District 23

First, I want to thank the voters of Scottsdale for their support over the last eleven years. 
Bob Littlefield
Your support has allowed me the privilege of serving my community for three terms as a Scottsdale City Councilman. However, Scottsdale has a three-term limit for Councilmembers, so I cannot run again for Scottsdale City Council.
I believe I still have much to contribute to my community, to the state of Arizona and to you, my fellow citizens. I want to continue my efforts to protect our quality of life and insure our tax dollars are spent wisely. That is why I am running for the Arizona State House of Representatives in Legislative District 23.
Most recently my wife Kathy and I ran the successful campaign to defeat a third-of-a-billion-dollar city property tax increase which, despite a $230K campaign to promote it (our campaign spent less than $5K in contrast) was defeated by a margin of 60-40.  If you want to see this kind of pragmatic, effective fiscal conservatism in the Arizona State Legislature I would appreciate your financial contribution, your help with my campaign and, of course, your vote.
My top priority as a State Representative will be encouraging economic growth. Our state needs money to improve education, protect our most vulnerable children and to maintain and update our infrastructure. But we can’t fix these problems by increasing taxes – higher taxes would actually hinder the economic growth Arizona needs to meet the needs of our residents.
While everyone gives lip service to supporting economic growth, it is clear what we are currently doing as a state is not working as well as it should. Arizona just lost a competition we should have won to become an FAA drone test site, and companies that should be moving to Arizona are moving to other states instead. My experience as a successful high-tech businessman and entrepreneur, and my background in the fast-growing aviation industry, gives me the tools to promote innovative, out-of-the-box ideas for increasing economic growth in Arizona. Our state must wean itself off the booms and busts associated with the real-estate development industry, and I have the knowledge and experience to help make that happen.
During my time on the Scottsdale City Council I have been a strong supporter of the tourism industry, and I will continue to actively support growing tourism at the state level.
If you have any questions or would like more information feel free to contact me. 

Phone: (602) 228-9145 · Web: www.BobLittlefield.com · email: bob@boblittlefield.com