Thursday, February 27, 2014

Perseverance, Integrity, and Principles: Ken Bennett Candidate for Arizona Governor

The Boy Scouts of America played an irreplaceable role in my upbringing and character.  
I distinctly remember writing my first campaign brochure when I was running for the Prescott City Council. I was 26 at the time, and wanted to come across as a competent professional, not a youthful and inexperienced novice. Under ‘Awards and Commendations’, the first entry I wrote was Eagle Scout. Although I am very proud of being an Eagle Scout, I wondered if I might be reinforcing my youthfulness by leading with an award I earned as a young man.
Despite that brochure including a college degree, a CFO (and later CEO), and a wide variety of other commendations, I have had more people tell me they trust and support me because I am an Eagle Scout than for any other reason. As I went to the State Board of Education, the Senate, and now the Secretary of State, this trend has consistently held true.
I am now a candidate for Governor, and I am proud to tell you that I am fully committed to the integrity, perseverance and moral principles I learned in becoming an Eagle Scout. To get elected, I need your help today.
Thank you very much for your support! Please go on my website at bennettarizona.com and do so. The website is also a great place to learn more about our vision for Arizona.