Thursday, February 27, 2014

Randy Pullen Candidate For Arizona State Treasurer

Randy Pullen for Arizona Treasurer

Meet Randy


These are frustrating, trying times for our country and all Republicans. The course our country is sailing upon is unsustainable. We, the adults in the room, need to take command and turn the ship of state back on the course our founding fathers so rightly set for us. If we fail, America is bound to suffer the fate that every other great nation of the past has suffered. Our moral, economic, and military standing in the world will erode, leaving a hollowed out shell of a nation on top the trash heap of history. Righting our course begins now. The 2014 elections are the beginning.
Here in Arizona, we have been fortunate. After six years of Janet Napolitano as Governor and ever expanding double digit increases in spending every year, we were able to regain political control at the end of 2008 and with the leadership of Governor Brewer and a strong Republican Party led by me as Chairman, change course, reduce spending by 20%, balance the budget, and create a surplus. All of this was accomplished during the great recession. In 2010, the voters of Arizona rewarded us with electing Republicans to all statewide offices and super majorities in both houses of the legislature. We earned it.
Now, I am asking you to trust me and help elect me the next Treasurer of Arizona. Why Treasurer you may wonder? Because, I am the candidate with a financial and accounting background that best qualifies them for the job. I am a CPA and former partner with the international accounting firm Deloitte & Touche. My area of expertise was financial institutions, where I dealt with some of the largest and most troubled banks and savings and loans in the United States in another time of tribulation, the late 1980s and early 1990s. As the state’s banker and investment manager, I am well qualified to oversee the receipt and expenditure of $30 billion a year and the safe investment of $11+ billion dollars each day.
A little known fact, I also was responsible for creating the current accounting system for the Treasurer’s office and all state agencies in 1982 known as the Arizona Financial Information system. I will be the first to say it is time to replace it with a more modern system. I am surprised it lasted this long. As Treasurer, I will oversee the implementation of the new system planned for the Treasurer’s office in 2015, and I promise it will come up on schedule and work the first day it is online and not one dollar will be lost or accounted for incorrectly. I also will work to improve the transparency of state spending and provide financial data for the state in a more readable and easier understood format than is currently available.
I currently serve as the Treasurer of the Arizona Housing Finance Authority, where we have made tens of millions of dollars of home loans in rural Arizona and continue to make millions of dollars of new and refinance loans. The agency is well run and has made money on its loan portfolio when banks were failing. Besides serving as Chairman of the AZGOP for four years, I was elected the Treasurer of the Republican National Committee in 2009 and served in that capacity until 2011. I also am President of a successful startup Internet company named WageWatch, Inc. You can go to the Wagewatch website to learn more about that company.
Finally, let me conclude by asking for your help and support in my race. I would like to thank my co-chairs, Governor Fife Symington, Supervisor Buster Johnson of Mohave County and Supervisor Ray Carroll of Pima County. Who believe I will be the best Treasurer possible. We are well on our way to putting together a statewide team. For those who would like to get involved in my campaign, I have letters of support you can fill out and return to me as well as nominating petitions. We will have a website up and operational very soon. You can email me atrpullen13@gmail.com and my cellphone is 602-524-2241.