Thursday, March 20, 2014

Arizona at A Crossroads Vernon Parker Candidate For AZ Corporation Commission





Why I am Running for the Arizona Corporation Commissio
I am convinced that our state is at a crossroads when it comes to energy issues. Since nothing is more important to our future, I have decided to declare my candidacy for the Arizona Corporation Commission. I am running for the Corporation Commission for TWO reasons.
  1.  want to defend the ratepayer against special interest groups who may be more concerned about their profit than they are about you — the ratepayer. You will always be my top priority. We all witnessed the special interest groups in our state spend millions of dollars recently in an attempt to influence the Commission to benefit them at the expense of Arizona ratepayers. I give you my word that I will do everything in my power to limit the influence of special interest groups and maximize the influence of the ratepayer.
  2.  
  3. I want to insure that Arizona has dependable and affordable energy for generations to come. We have led the nation in this regard for decades but we shouldn't take it for granted. My job as your representative on the Corporation Commission will be to make sure Arizona remains one of the best "energy" states in the country.
I hope that you will join my fight to protect the ratepayer by supporting my campaign.
The Corporation Commission is, in my opinion, the only office where it makes sense to accept Arizona's public financing system for campaigns by utalizing Clean Elections. Because the Corporation Commission is a regulatory body, Clean Elections is an effective way to keep special interests from inappropriately influencing the Commission. That's why I am running as a Clean Elections candidate.
Clean Election law allows me to collect $24,405 of seed money. This can be raised by individuals and can only be up to $160 per person. For example, a husband and wife are allowed to contribute up to $320. Once I raise all of my seed money, I will be collecting thousands of $5 contributions and thousands of petition signatures so we can qualify for funding and the ballot.
Right now, I respectfully ask you to click the link below and donate up to $160 per person in your household toward my seed money AND forward this email to others that might be able to join our campaign. Once we raise our initial seed money, we will have the resources we need to get our message of protecting the ratepayer to the voters of Arizona. Thanks so much for continued support,

Vernon Parker

Donate Now!