Thursday, October 30, 2014

Final Newsletter before Election Day


  

Friends and Supporters, we’re down to the wire and every vote counts.

WARNING!     

I know this is a longer letter than usual, but it seems the newsprint media in the District has difficulties in reporting to their readership what I’ve done for LD6 and Arizona.

So, I’m going to wrap up as much as I can, and I implore you to share this with as many voters as you are able to.  Thank you for allowing me to represent you in our Statehouse.


NEWSPAPERS ASK, BUT DECLINE TO REPORT

Recently both the Payson Round-Up and the Flagstaff Daily Sun have asked me numerous questions and I have provided them with detailed statements and specific answers to their questions.  They have done their version of “Election 2014” but have omitted 99% of the copious materials I provided to them.  I suppose they believe in Free Speech as long as it’s one way; theirs.

A SUMMARY OF MY WORK FOR YOU

So here is my summary of this election and the stark differences between myself and my inexperienced Progressive opponent.

First, let me emphasize my work on behalf of the citizens of Northern Arizona; twice I have fought for increasing funding options available to Coconino Community College.  I have introduced legislation to increase supplemental funding for all rural community colleges.  This effort was not in accord with the governor’s agenda and was consequently red-penciled out of the budget she ultimately signed.

Recently, with three other Republican House members, I launched an initiative to fund extending kindergarten classroom hours. 

Legislation I have moved to signature and into law provided for transparency in local government finances; requires marketable assets previously simply destroyed by police agencies to be sold lawfully to the general public (under strict legal standards); allows families in multi-family housing units to save thousands of dollars when they seek to make minor alterations to their homes; revamped Arizona’s antiquated liquor laws; provided a mechanism and seed funding to clean the urban-forest interface on state lands; allows cities and counties to join together and seek and obtain funding to develop new sources of water supplies; and decriminalized hunters by allowing them to carry a sidearm for personal protection.  This is just some of my record and reflects the hard issues I have fought for in the State Legislature.

CONTRASTS BETWEEN MYSELF AND MY OPPONENT
As for the major themes of 
this election, and they are stark, I am an experienced representative and Chairman of a major committee (Ag & Water) who has put the needs of the district ahead of partisan politics as my record and endorsements demonstrate. 

On the other side of the ballot is an unproven challenger whose own record in public office led to his 2004 election defeat as Chairman of the Town Council in Columbia, Maryland; which is 75% larger than Flagstaff, Arizona. 

Additionally his home state of Maryland under adverse action, revoked the articles of incorporation of his private consulting corporation and he has not re-registered his corporation with the Arizona Secretary of State.

As Chairman of the Town Council in Columbia he moved to seal all Town financial records involving sums greater than $25,000.  He also moved to eliminate the Call to the Public from Council meetings. 

Another stark contrast between myself and my opponent is that I am a 5th generation rural Arizonan who, like many women in rural Arizona, has worked for over 20 years pulling a paycheck in a small rural Arizona blue-collar town.  My opponent, in contrast (who is non-specific in citing his corporate experience) is a recent transplant to Arizona from Columbia, a gentrified community that is in the second wealthiest county of the United States.

THE MAJOR THEME OF ELECTION 2014

What is the major theme of 
this election? I believe that government should be on your side, not in your way.

My opponent in contrast believes that more government and more “investment” of your hard earned income are the only solutions to Arizona’s challenges.

The voters in LD6 have a very basic choice to make in this election:  More government involvement, regulations and encumbrances in your lives; or less dependence and more solutions, not theories.

I have a record, and so does my opponent.  This is the reason that groups as diverse as the Arizona League of Cities & Towns and Americans for Prosperity have endorsed me.  In contrast he is endorsed by Planned Parenthood and Equality Arizona.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS: More dependence on big brother, or more personal independence and freedom.  Choose wisely, your children and grandchildren will live with the decisions and actions you take today.


PLEASE FORWARD THIS ALONG TO YOUR FRIEND LIST AND ENCOURAGE YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO VOTE (AND BRING ALONG THEIR NEIGHBORS).


FILE THIS UNDER PROFUSE APOLOGIES!
From time to time a phone call or email from my District to my office gets mired in the avalanche of communications I receive from all over the country.  But that is no excuse!  Recently I was politely reminded of this fact and I wish to apologize to Mr. Joseph Howe for not responding in a more timely way to his input.

I appreciate your input, please don’t stop!  I ask your forbearance however, if from time to time I don’t respond as quickly as many think I should.  So, Mr. Howe, if you’re reading this, thank you for reminding me.
Maricopa County Republicans Has NOT received any monies to post this information,it is a courtesy post.