Monday, June 2, 2014

My pledge to Arizonans

A  few weeks ago I unveiled my policy plan, the Arizona Roadmap to Opportunity and Freedom. Today, I’m building on that promise by sharing my signed pledge to the people of Arizona and it shows you exactly where I stand. It’s the only pledge I'll sign in this campaign, and it is to you.
My 10-point pledge was mailed to every precinct committeeman and -woman in the state to communicate both my core values and my commitment to Arizona. You should be receiving a copy in your mailbox very soon, if you haven’t already.
The issues covered in the pledge include economic growth, responsible fiscal policy, constitutional freedoms, protecting Arizonans and resisting federal government overreach, especially when it comes to education, healthcare and state’s rights. Part of that commitment is safeguarding Arizona’s southern border and working to make sure the federal government upholds its constitutional duty to protect it while also staying out of issues that should be left to states or individual freedoms.
Yet, as we saw last week, the Obama Administration again failed at this task when hundreds of illegal immigrants – mostly women and children – were transported from Texas to Arizona and inhumanely left at Greyhound bus stations in Phoenix and Tucson because of a lack of federal immigration resources in Texas.
This kind of action is both egregious and inhumane, and shows a blatant disregard of immigration laws, the interests of the people of Arizona and basic human dignity.
That’s why I’ve asked Congressman Paul Gosar, Arizona’s only member of the U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, to request hearings on this matter. Arizonans deserve to know why the federal government seems to be hell-bent on abdicating its responsibilities to its citizens and, as we’ve also seen in recent weeks, our veterans.
I also started a petition seeking immediate corrective action from the federal government on both these issues. The Obama administration may not be serious about either issue, but here’s a chance to show them that we are.
I hope you’ll add your name to this cause and share it with friends and family. To do so, please go to stopobama.dougducey.com.
Respectfully,

Doug