Wednesday – Dec 2, 2015
· The Arizona Republican Assembly (AzRA) Christmas Party And State Membership Meeting is scheduled at 9 am., Sat., Dec 5 at the Devonshire Community Center, 2802 E Devonshire Ave, Phoenix 85016. Social time 8:30 am. Enjoy fellowship & bake sale. Bring your baked items ready to sell. Also asking for cash donations for "Operation Enduring Gratitude” – an organization that helps veterans build a wheelchair ramp or gift cards for groceries or home repairs. AZRA members will also establish a plan for the January 2016 Maricopa County and AZGOP state meetings, as well as the next legislative session. The State Executive Board meets at the close of the membership meeting. Contact: Chairman Thayer Verschoor email@example.com
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham, the executive board and elected officers have invited the Maricopa County Republican precinct committeemen, their family and friends to a free pancake breakfast at GOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. between 8:30-11:30 am, Sat. Dec 5. No RSVP required.
· The Clash Of The AZGOP and AzRA Events for Saturday morning, Dec 5 will be interesting. Will AzRA members who are Maricopa County PCs end up at the AzRA Christmas party/state membership meeting or at the AZGOP free pancake breakfast.
· Will AZGOP Chairman Robert Grahams’ pancake breakfast for Maricopa County precinct committeemen (PCs) become a recruitment party for PCs to sign up for the committee that the AZGOP is reportedly developing to derail both of the “Anyone ButJohn McCain” resolutions that are proposed for the Jan 16, 2016 Maricopa County GOP and the Jan 23, 2016 AZGOP mandatory meetings. Reports are surfacing that the top guns at the AZGOP head shed are very quietly recruiting a list of John McCain supporters from PCs leaders in an effort to form a committee to fight the “Anyone But John McCain” resolutions that came to light shortly before Thanksgiving.
· Maricopa County Grassroots PCs wishing to help co-sponsor the “Anyone But John McCain” resolution that has been submitted to the MCRC Resolutions Committee for consideration during the Jan 16, 2016 Maricopa County Republican Mandatory meeting should email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with their name, precinct, and email address, to receive a copy of the proposed MCRC resolution for review. Over 100 MCRC PCs have already signed up to co-sponsor the resolution. See full storyhttp://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/2015/12/11-30-15-briefs.html
· As You May Recall, former Maricopa County Chairman AJ LaFaro submitted a “Anyone But John McCain” Resolution to the AZGOP just prior to Thanksgiving for consideration by state committeemen at the Jan. 23 AZGOP State mandatory meeting. A separate (but similar) resolution, carrying over 100 precinct committeemen signatures, has since been submitted to the Maricopa County Republican Resolution Committee for inclusions on the Jan. 16 agenda for the MCRC precinct committeemen’s MCRC Mandatory meeting.
· AZGOP Executive Director Chad Heywood said the AZGOP resolution committee would review LaFaro’s resolution, but Heywood’s annoyance was abundantly clear in his uncomplimentary comments about LaFaro to the Arizona Republic. The 2014 “No Confidence” Resolution that passed overwhelmingly at both the Maricopa County and the AZGOP Mandatory meetings in 2014 were passed under LaFaro’s term a MCRC Chair. Passage of the “No Confidence” resolutions drew national publicity. In retaliation, McCain’s camp reported attempted to cleanse conservative precinct committee and district chairs from leadership roles throughout 2014 and 2015.