Monday, June 30, 2014

Reflection in Arizona LD 6

This week we have much to reflect on as LD 6. First we remember 19 brave souls that lost their lives protecting Yarnell. As a Legislator, I will never forget the 19 as I fight for state control of our forest so we can maintain them and stop these horrible wildfires. Please keep their family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.












I'm very happy to tell you the first LD6 Team Town Hall Tour was a success!  My seatmates and I traveled our huge district from Williams to Snowflake/Taylor listening and speaking with many of our constituents.  The tour covered 175 miles and included 7 cities and towns!  We discussed many important issues like education, land and water rights and how to get our state's financial house in order. It was great seeing the people of LD 6 and as always, amazing to drive through the district and enjoy it's beauty.



Finally, we will celebrate America's 238th birthday this Friday. When reflecting on our country's birth, and everything she has been through, I have to think of one of my favorite founding fathers; Thomas Jefferson. He was a statesman that understood the importance of states rights.

"Government should be on your side, not in your way!"  is how I like to think about it and I think we need to make that our message as conservatives.

These three events have really re-energized me and make me want to fight hard for you, the people. At the Capitol I remember the 19 heroes of Yarnell, the conversations and majestic views while touring the district or the brave souls that risked their lives so we could be here today. Thank you for your endless support. I can't do this without you and thats why your hard work and donations mean so much.