Monday, March 31, 2014

Damien Kennedy Arizona Candidate for Congress CD 3



WATCH VIDEO
For those who don’t know me, Damien Kennedy, I was born and raised in Missouri and have lived in Arizona for over 8 years. While living in Arizona, I attended college in Phoenix and earned my college degrees (AA - visual communications and BA Multimedia/Web design).  My daughter is graduating from high school in a couple of months, and my son is currently in 4th grade in Amado.  I have served as President for our local PTO, and I have volunteered to serve as den leader for local Cub Scout Pack for the past 3 years.  My wife, Yolanda, and I have been happily married for over 10 years.
 I was recently, politely asked when I was going to drop out of the Republican Primary for the Congressional District 3 seat for Congress because someone thought I could not win the nomination, and the question surprised and honestly irritated me.  However the question even made more clear who I will be representing when I am elected to Congress.
 During my campaign I have often said that one of the reasons that someone should consider supporting me for Congress is because I AM one of the people that I will be representing.  I am not wealthy and never served in political office before – I’m just an average citizen who wants to serve my fellow citizens.
 As an average middle class citizen, I am uniquely qualified to represent my fellow citizens – just as the founding fathers had intended from the beginning. 
As a working man, I know the feelings felt by those who lose their job and the feelings felt by so many who are just getting by. 
 As a father, I know the concerns of the future we will leave for our children, and the desire to give our children a leg up in life through a world class education – all our children. 
 As a man of faith, I see the world through the eyes of a Christian who is concerned for all those who don’t really know God’s love, but recognize that God is the only one who can save them and it is not my place to judge – instead my place is to love my neighbors as I love myself.
 As a college educated person, I know the concerns of those trying to repay student loans during one of the worst economies our country has ever seen, and like most, I don’t see much improvement in the job market for many people – a lot of people are hurting.
 As a candidate who is walking neighborhoods, shaking hands and listening to your concerns, I vow to never give up on our campaign.  During the primary, I also vow to conduct our campaign in a way which doesn’t attack fellow Republican candidates – they are my competition, but not my foe.  If, in the end, you don’t select me as your nominee, I will urge my supporters to fully support whoever is selected to run in the general election this fall, but make no mistake, I intend that to be Damien Kennedy.
Who better to represent you than a candidate who is willing to bring my message to the public one citizen at a time?  You, as a fellow citizen, are the most important person in this campaign, because you have the power to change things in Washington DC, by letting me serve you as your Representative.  I might be an underdog in the eyes of some, but you won’t be disappointed when you let me be your Bulldog in Congress!
--
Damien Kennedy
Candidate for Congressional District Three Arizona
520-245-9453