Friday, April 4, 2014

Doug Ducey Candidate For AZ Governor: An ice cream scooper's story

One of the things that I’m most proud of from my time leading Cold Stone Creamery was the opportunity to work with such creative, strong and successful individuals. 
Today, I’d like to introduce you to Jordan Levine, a former area developer who started with Cold Stone Creamery by working behind the counter during high school.
His story is one of incredible success, but it’s not unique. There are dozens of stories just like his throughout Cold Stone Creamery’s ranks, past and present. I hope you enjoy his story.
Sincerely,
Doug
Q&A with Jordan Levine
Q: Tell me about your Cold Stone Creamery career.
A: I started at Cold Stone Creamery as a part-time employee during high school serving behind the ice cream counter. I moved to Arizona to be an intern at Cold Stone Creamery and stayed involved with the company throughout college. After I graduated I was given a tremendous amount of responsibility because of the opportunities I was given during my internship. Doug put his faith in me and I was selected to plan and implement Cold Stone’s expansion on the East Coast as an area developer.
Q: How did you meet Doug?
A: I met Doug when I was 16-years-old working in a Cold Stone Creamery location in California. We exchanged email addresses and were in constant communication until I graduated high school. That’s when he asked me to move to Arizona and work for Cold Stone during college.
Q: What is most striking to you about Doug’s leadership style?
A: Doug’s strong sense of ethics is most striking to me. Doug taught me all that I know about how to accomplish all my professional goals while keeping my ethics in tact. The values Doug taught us all along the way are values most of us still hold close to our hearts.  Many companies talk about values, but Cold Stone Creamery's glory days under Doug really embodied them.
Q: What is the most important lesson you’ve taken from working at Cold Stone?
A: Always keep an open mind. From the beginning, Doug gave me opportunities and opened doors. I mean, I started as a 16-year-old part-time scooper that was communicating with the CEO and he really listened and wanted to hear my thoughts. He gave me a chance and I was successful.
Q: What is the most important lesson you learned from Doug?
A: Working at Cold Stone Creamery for Doug I learned the value of hard work and that you need to work hard to succeed. Doug worked harder than any of us and expected us to emulate him.  Everyone did whatever it took to move the organization forward in a positive direction. Doug has knack for finding the right people who can achieve results ethically and know that how you achieve success is just as important as the end result.
Q: Why do you think Doug is the best choice for Arizona’s next governor?
A: Years later, I am still proud of all the accomplishments we achieved at Cold Stone Creamery under Doug's leadership. Doug laid a foundation for success and because of his leadership the company expanded and flourished.  I know he will work just as hard for Arizona and achieve the same results. His ethical mindset and conservative mentality will put Arizona on track and lead us into the future.