Thursday, August 7, 2014

Dark Money = Front Page News Michele Reagan AZ Candidate SOS

I need your help to defeat an unprecedented dark money campaign waged to capture Arizona’s second highest office.

This is not the Arizona political state of affairs I grew up in.  Dark money continues its unrelenting downpour into the Secretary of State’s race, approaching nearly $600,000.  Rumor has it close to $1,000,000 will be spent by the time August 26th rolls around.  

Disappointingly, the conversation about dark money has drowned out what should be the real issues of this campaign.   According to the Arizona Republic, the Secretary of State’s race has become a single issue race – how much dark money will be spent? See the article here.


It’s infuriating that these anonymous donors, and the groups doing their dirty work, are trying to buy our elections. I fought for transparency in campaign contributions at the Capitol earlier this year and was thwarted, and now dark money is rearing its head again.  I ask that you contribute to my campaign today, so we can show that the PEOPLE of Arizona determine elections and not anonymous millionaires!

Certain Arizona elections seem to be at the hands of political mercenaries, taking out a hit against any candidate as long as the price is right.  A group whose website proclaims they “oppose all subsidies” while backing a candidate whose entire campaign is subsidized by the government through clean elections is outrageously misleading.

It’s time Arizonans take back their elections.  As your next Secretary of State, I will shine a light on dark money, because we deserve to know who is trying to buy our elections. I hope you will stand with me in this fight.  I ask for your support and your vote so I can bring accountability, transparency and integrity to our elections.

Sincerely,


Senator Michele Reagan
Maricopa County Republicans Has NOT received any monies to post this information,it is a courtesy post.