Thursday, May 22, 2014

Goldfish Ban



Even the Goldfish was surprised when Mayor Stanton & Council voted to ban him! Phoenix has much larger fish to fry than goldfish.

THE BIG FISH:

#1 - Mayor Stanton voted to increase his own office budget and voted to cut Police Officer pay.
My Solution: Lead by example and reduce budget costs to maintain police pay.

#2 - City of Phoenix is 500 Police Officers short. Attrition will remove at least another 100 officers off of our streets by next year. Mayor Stanton has no plan to keep up with attrition.
My Solution: I sent a letter to the Mayor on my plan to hire more -- to date no response. 

#3 - Water Rate Tax Increase. Mayor Stanton fought hard to create a new tax on your water bill and to keep the PR budget fully funded. Taking $9.5 Million from you and your family. The PR budget alone is $3.2 million.
My Solution: Councilmen Bill Gates, Jim Waring and I made a proposal to cut PR, lobbying, travel, dinning, and unnecessary vacant positions preventing this new water tax.

#4 - The budget has no plan to repair the credit rating of the City of Phoenix or fix the structural deficit.
My Solution: The City Manager is moving forward with a strategic plan and zero based budgeting focusing on core functions. Councilmen Bill Gates and I have been pushing this proposal and the city is now moving this plan forward.

Thank you for your help and support!



Sal DiCiccio
Phoenix City Councilman, District Six